KDE Plasma 5 Making Progress On FreeBSD, With Some Wayland/Weston Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5 Making Progress On FreeBSD, With Some Wayland/Weston Support

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5 Making Progress On FreeBSD, With Some Wayland/Weston Support

KDE developer Adriaan de Groot continues making progress on improving the support when running this desktop environment on FreeBSD. Adriaan has even been experimenting with Wayland/Weston on FreeBSD...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That is very very cool. Wonder if TrueOS will pick it up?

Comment

Originally posted by k1e0x View Post
      They have Lumina, remember?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        They have Lumina, remember?
        Remember I don't talk to you.

Comment

it's a common way to deal with losing.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            it's a common way to deal with losing.
            Your not a valuable person. You have nothing interesting to say. Your posts are worthless. Winning? What are you trying to "win"? Case in point.. I know they have Lumina. In fact its the default. It's part of the point of the entire TrueOS project. Everyone who's ever look at it knows that it uses Lumina. WHY on earth would that have anything to do with anything at all about them being able to adopt Plasma 5 as well?

Nevermind.. talking to you is pointless, I might as well talk to a rock.

Comment

Everyone who's ever look at it knows that it uses Lumina. WHY on earth would that have anything to do with anything at all about them being able to adopt Plasma 5 as well?
              Because one of the main points of Lumina is that they have full control over it and don't need to waste their limited resources on porting Linux-specific stuff.

Also Lumina is another thing that keeps them different, that makes them stand out. Really just look at their homepage: https://www.trueos.org/

On the bottom you get:

Happy TrueOS Users

“ZFS, Boot Environments, Lumina Desktop… what more could you ask for?”

Ira Taylor, Senior Software Architect

I mean, that's one of their main selling points and they aren't even hiding it.

Comment

You go girl!

Comment

It's unlikely for them to pull it in directly. They will however get it when Plasma 5 is pushed into ports as opposed to hanging out in areas51... that said it's not too hard to enable the area51 repos you just need to make sure that you're pointing at the repo for CURRENT as opposed to release.

starshipeleven It's true that Lumina is the default and only really supported DE... however other desktops are just a pkg install away, and will work as well as they work on FreeBSD anyway.

Comment

Then why'd you respond to him?

Comment

Working...
                    X