Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi VC4 DRM Driver Gets HDMI CEC Patches

Phoronix: Raspberry Pi VC4 DRM Driver Gets HDMI CEC Patches

While the Raspberry Pi has offered HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) support via libCEC, now when using the VC4 DRM kernel driver it will be possible to make use of HDMI CEC...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So, is it soon possible to run Kodi on free RasPi driver stack? Is the video decoding still missing?

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
      So, is it soon possible to run Kodi on free RasPi driver stack? Is the video decoding still missing?
      What's wrong with video decoding? I've been wanting to get a Pi and try out Kodi in future, Kodi on the Pi would be pretty neat too if possible. I thought with all the VC4 work being reported it'd handle video playback just fine? Is that not the case?

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post

What's wrong with video decoding? I've been wanting to get a Pi and try out Kodi in future, Kodi on the Pi would be pretty neat too if possible. I thought with all the VC4 work being reported it'd handle video playback just fine? Is that not the case?
        Currently, there's no way to get decoded frames to the framebuffer.
        I've been watching this issue for any changes to that.

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post

There's already Kodi on Pi. It just uses blobs.

Comment

Working...
          X