Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd 234 Released: Meson Build System, Networkd Improvements

Phoronix: Systemd 234 Released: Meson Build System, Networkd Improvements

Succeeding systemd 233 is now systemd 234 with yet more features added as well as a new build system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does it have it's own Office Suite yet?

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
      Yes, the GUI is implemented with ncurses.

Comment

No, but it tries to take of the POSIX Kernel from EMACS.

Comment

I wish systemd existed since the beginning of udev days.

Comment

I would actually be very happy if systemd-resolved coud offer a good replacement for Dnsmasq, since is installed by default on My distro of choice, and allow me to set it in a way that it replies with localhost IP address (127.0.0.1) for every request to a .dev domain.
            Dnsmasq does a very good job helping in Web developing with Apache virtual hosts.
            I wish systemd-resolved would do this part too, so I don't have to install Dnsmasq server alongside and have 2 servers for the same thing.
            Somebody asked if it's possible to do this with systemd-resolved and the answer suggests that it's not possible.
            I use Ubuntu for development. And I've build my dev env with using dnsmasq for resolving my dev hostnames, usually it's: <projectname>.dev.net So I set up my own DNS server for getting pro...

And this is what I'm using Dnsmasq for
            For development purposes I want all DNS requests to the .dev TLD to forward to my own PC. The hosts file does not suffice. I use multiple domains and also multiple subdomains. I would have to add ...

Comment

I think you're wrong on that one. Normal people love systemd, the haters are a minority of very vocal and childish people. You'll notice the same handles bashing systemd over and over again here. Every major distribution switched and there are 0 valid technical reasons or otherwise for disliking it. Claiming people hate systemd would be like claiming people hate sugar (or strippers).

Comment

will you go back to slackware 1.0 ?

Comment

Originally posted by michal
                  I think that systemd is one of most hated piece of software around..
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luddite

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                    I would actually be very happy if systemd-resolved coud offer a good replacement for Dnsmasq, since is installed by default on My distro of choice, and allow me to set it in a way that it replies with localhost IP address (127.0.0.1) for every request to a .dev domain.
                    Dnsmasq does a very good job helping in Web developing with Apache virtual hosts.
                    I wish systemd-resolved would do this part too, so I don't have to install Dnsmasq server alongside and have 2 servers for the same thing.
                    Somebody asked if it's possible to do this with systemd-resolved and the answer suggests that it's not possible.
                    I use Ubuntu for development. And I've build my dev env with using dnsmasq for resolving my dev hostnames, usually it's: <projectname>.dev.net So I set up my own DNS server for getting pro...

And this is what I'm using Dnsmasq for
                    https://askubuntu.com/questions/2331...e-to-127-0-0-1
                    FYI, might be worth it trying to raise the issue in systemd's github instead than on askubuntu or here. Pottering himself looks at the issues posted in systemd bug tracker, and posts there every now and then, among other developers.

See here for issues opened against systemd-resolved (so you don't open an issue that exists already) https://github.com/systemd/systemd/i...stemd-resolved

Comment

Working...
                    X