Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden Strike 4 Launching Today With Linux Support

Phoronix: Sudden Strike 4 Launching Today With Linux Support

For those into real-time tactics video games or titles themed around World War I, Sudden Strike 4 is launching today and Kalypso Media has made good on their word for day-one Linux support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks interesting̀£. Can it be modded like the not available for Linux CoH - f.ex. for realism mods (Blitzkrieg etc. and not just maps/missions)? And then, the most important question: will multiplayer work cross platform? CoH2, which is available for Linux/MacOS doesn't work cross platform with windows users :-(

Comment

video games or titles themed around World War I,
      Typo. It's World War II

Is it native client or some sort of fucking "we-really-run-in-a-wrapper-but-please-pretend-the-opposite"?
      Last edited by aht0; 11 August 2017, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post

Typo. It's World War II

Is it native client or some sort of fucking "we-really-run-in-a-wrapper-but-please-pretend-the-opposite"?
        In this case I don't think it matters. It's a strategy game, you don't need it running at 144fps.
        Funny when "is it good" does not seem to factor in anymore

Comment

Looks like it might be good, there's already two Linux reviews on it:
          Gaming on Linux (ENG): https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...strike-4.10130
          Holarse (GER): https://www.holarse-linuxgaming.de/n...linux_getestet

Comment

Gamestar (German) also gave 83%: http://www.gamestar.de/artikel/sudde...k,3318246.html

I will put it on my wish list.

Comment

Do they let you play as the good guys (Nazis)?

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                Do they let you play as the good guys (Nazis)?
                No, because good nazis is an oxymoron.
                But you can play the bad guys (Deutsches Reich), Allies and Soviets.

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post

No, because good nazis is an oxymoron.
                  But you can play the bad guys (Deutsches Reich and Soviets) or Allies.
                  Fixed.
                  'cause reasons.

Comment

It seems it is only available on Steam but not on GOG. Anybody knows the reason for that? Is it the "will always be optional"-Galaxy-client?

Comment

Working...
                    X