SDDM 0.15 Qt Display Manager Adds Elogind Support, Themed Default Cursor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDDM 0.15 Qt Display Manager Adds Elogind Support, Themed Default Cursor

Phoronix: SDDM 0.15 Qt Display Manager Adds Elogind Support, Themed Default Cursor

It's been a while since last having anything to report on the Simple Desktop Display Manager (SDDM) but that changed with today's v0.15 release of this Qt5-powered log-in/display manager...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good news. I was worried lately about the project. Hope they will start releasing new versions more often. 1 year was way too long!

Comment

> Hope they will start releasing new versions more often. 1 year was way too long!

why would you want your display manager to be updated that often ? Do you also complain of `cat` and `ls` not receiving updates ?

Comment

Originally posted by doom_Oo7 View Post
        > Hope they will start releasing new versions more often. 1 year was way too long!

why would you want your display manager to be updated that often ? Do you also complain of `cat` and `ls` not receiving updates ?
        Did you even bother to look at the open bugs?

Comment

Better dual screen support would be welcome.

Comment

I wish they'd allow setting time format to 24H with some configuration, besides manually editing

Code:
            /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze/components/Clock.qml
            which gets overwritten on every package update.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
              I wish they'd allow setting time format to 24H with some configuration, besides manually editing

Code:
              /usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze/components/Clock.qml
              which gets overwritten on every package update.
              Have you tried switching to a 24H locale?

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post

Have you tried switching to a 24H locale?
                That needs to switch root locale?

Comment

The only thing stopping me from using it is the ability to configure the user list like you can do on kdm

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

Did you even bother to look at the open bugs?
                    I posted an issue about not being able to set XAUTHORITY to a value outside the users home directory a few days ago. I certainly hope it's not another year before the next update

Comment

Working...
                    X