Qt Creator 4.4 Released With New Inline Warning/Errors, CMake Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt Creator 4.4 Released With New Inline Warning/Errors, CMake Improvements

Phoronix: Qt Creator 4.4 Released With New Inline Warning/Errors, CMake Improvements

The Qt Company has announced the immediate availability of the Qt Creator 4.4 integrated development environment focused on Qt/C++ development...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Qt Creator is in may opinion the best C++ IDE I know. It is really fast and light. If you compare it to Visual Studio, you will see how fat, slow and buggy it is.

Comment

Downloading it right now, it's hand-down the best IDE for C++ development, I use it for all my projects, Qt and non Qt.

Comment

I do not share the hype about the "best C++ IDE" around Qt Creator. I work on a daily basis with it and I also see the more shady sides of it. We've selected Qt Creator over Visual Studio for two reasons: 1) Intellisense that is working. 2) Possibility to change Compiler and Qt versions on the fly. Both reasons are still valid today.

Version 4.4 has again brought in a significant slow down of the right-click menus. This was better in the previous 4.3 versions. Whether the clang-code model now crashes less often still needs to be seen. CMake improvements are much appreciated. But the really annoying QTCREATORBUG-18419 is unfortunately not fixed yet. This is expected for Qt Creator version 4.4.1.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoll View Post
          Downloading it right now, it's hand-down the best IDE for C++ development, I use it for all my projects, Qt and non Qt.
          Ever tried KDevelop?

Comment

I used KDevelop, though QtCreator was better (easier to work with, debug with, ...).

YMMV

Comment

Working...
            X