Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Work Bringing VCE1 Video Encode To AMDGPU DRM

Phoronix: Early Work Bringing VCE1 Video Encode To AMDGPU DRM

There's more good news about work-in-progress patches for those GCN 1.0 owners that have been looking to get your graphics card running full-featured under the AMDGPU DRM driver rather than the existing Radeon Direct Rendering Manager driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It so awesome to see AMD getting so much opensource love

Comment

Originally posted by Darksurf View Post
      It so awesome to see AMD getting so much opensource love
      Well, on the other hand, AMD have done all the necessary efforts (documentation, releasing some opensource code, having opensource devs on their payroll, etc.) to make sure to bring a situation where this opensource love could indeed happen.
      They deserved it happen.

Whereas, Nvidia...

Comment

Ah. Good to see this happening. I saw it on the mailing list and came to see if it was reported here.

I was personally interested in porting VCE and UVD to GCN 1.0 (see this post from 2017-05-23), but for various reasons I couldn't tackle it until now (I moved to another city, among other things). Will see next week if I can join this taskforce.

Next up in the plans is adapting the ROCm stack (or at least the OpenCL bits) to GCN 1.0 (see answer from bridgman from 2017-05-16).
        Last edited by Marc.2377; 12 September 2017, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X