HAMMER2 Is Looking & Performing Good As The Future DragonFlyBSD File-System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAMMER2 Is Looking & Performing Good As The Future DragonFlyBSD File-System

Phoronix: HAMMER2 Is Looking & Performing Good As The Future DragonFlyBSD File-System

With this week DragonFlyBSD seeing HAMMER2 support added to the installer in preparation for this file-system being an option in the next DragonFly release due out in a few weeks, I've been testing out the state of this HAMMER file-system successor as well as running some benchmarks.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It loses some, and it wins some... so what's the difference from HAMMER to HAMMER2?
    I guess it'll depend on the type of your workload...

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      I've been using a daily snpshot of DragonFlyBSD

Comment

That's some impressive results if HAMMER2 delivers on the ZFS-like features.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
          That's some impressive results if HAMMER2 delivers on the ZFS-like features.
          It's even more impressive when you consider it's almost all the work from a single developer, Matthew Dillon. He's interviewed a couple of times on BSDTalk, interesting stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post
            It's even more impressive when you consider it's almost all the work from a single developer, Matthew Dillon. He's interviewed a couple of times on BSDTalk, interesting stuff.
            Exactly. Creating a current generation filesystem single-handed is mind blowing achievement.

Comment

Working...
            X