Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CentOS 7.4 Now Available (CentOS Linux 7 1708)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CentOS 7.4 Now Available (CentOS Linux 7 1708)

Phoronix: CentOS 7.4 Now Available (CentOS Linux 7 1708)

For those waiting on the CentOS rebuild of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4, it's now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

At work we are still using CentOS6.8 (Final) and are waiting for the admins switching to CentOS 7.x. Guessing purely based on the number this means we will be having CentOS 7 at the half of its lifespan earliest - yay... -.-

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
      At work we are still using CentOS6.8 (Final) and are waiting for the admins switching to CentOS 7.x. Guessing purely based on the number this means we will be having CentOS 7 at the half of its lifespan earliest - yay... -.-
      Scared of the security fixes in CentOS 6.9 ?

Comment

Originally posted by calc View Post

Scared of the security fixes in CentOS 6.9 ?
        Se-cu-ri-ty? ;-)

Comment

For some reason, I liked the Gnome 3.14.2 bulkier window decorations better. I specially notice the difference in the terminal, there's something in the top bar I liked more before the update. Of course, absolutely no objections about the better functionalities of Gnome 3.22.3, they're a couple years apart.

Comment

Michael: It would certainly be interesting to benchmark this CentOS release against some of it's peers (SLES, Ubuntu, Clear Linux) on some of the server goodies you've talked about recently... with server workloads of course (machine learning, python, database etc etc)

Comment

There is no CentOS 7.4. It no longer tracks RHEL release versions. It's a date based released. Saying otherwise is false.

Comment

Originally posted by kgonzales View Post
                There is no CentOS 7.4. It no longer tracks RHEL release versions. It's a date based released. Saying otherwise is false.
                I believe you're right, but at the same time you can't but refer to RHEL release versions for obvious reasons, and they do refer to the new release as "7.4.1708" in their own vault repositories: http://vault.centos.org/centos/. You will find the label "7.x" multiple times in their mailing list as well.

Comment

Upgrading now from my existing 7.3... Let's see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
                    Upgrading now from my existing 7.3... Let's see how it goes.
                    Just did a few of my VM's this morning, seemed pretty smooth, no issues. I'll upgrade the hypervisor this weekend probably.

Comment

Working...
                    X