Valve Is Collaborating On GPUVis For Tuning Radeon Linux VR Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Is Collaborating On GPUVis For Tuning Radeon Linux VR Performance

Phoronix: Valve Is Collaborating On GPUVis For Tuning Radeon Linux VR Performance

One of the many interesting talks at yesterday's XDC2017 conference was Valve's Pierre-Loup Griffais talking about GPUVis...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix
    The brief presentation by Valve on GPUVis is embedded below
    And a video of more than 8 hours follows...

Comment

Originally posted by jf33 View Post
      And a video of more than 8 hours follows...
      Because their video is the recording for entire day and just not per-presentation. It should auto-start where the ~15 minute Valve presentation is.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        It should auto-start where the ~15 minute Valve presentation is.
        Well, that didn't work for me. I found out myself, that the presentation starts after about 8 hours and 11 minutes:
        X.Org Developer's Conference (XDC2017) live stream day 1

Comment

Any progress on this is great to me. Last time I checked, SteamVR Linux builds+AMD+OSVR was pretty broken. Functional, but broken, where each element seems to have been responsible to some degree for the imperfect experience.

Comment

Originally posted by jf33 View Post
            Well, that didn't work for me. I found out myself, that the presentation starts after about 8 hours and 11 minutes:
            X.Org Developer's Conference (XDC2017) live stream day 1

Michael as a premium member I would like to request that you add the time code (link or note) for videos like this, if you have time, thanks

Comment

Working...
            X