Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS Tinker Board Is An Interesting ARM SBC For About $60 USD

Phoronix: ASUS Tinker Board Is An Interesting ARM SBC For About $60 USD

Earlier this year ASUS announced the Tinker Board as their first step into the ARM single board computer world. Earlier this month I finally received a Tinker Board for testing and it has been quite interesting to say the least. The Tinker Board with its Rockchip SoC has been among the most competitive ARM SBCs we have tested to date in its price range and the form factor is compatible with the Raspberry Pi.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Has anyone here used the Up board? I know this article is about sub-$100 ARM boards and this is using an Intel Atom x5-Z8350. At least the 1 GB RAM/16 GB eMMC and 2 GB RAM/16 GB eMMC are sub-$100 (before taxes and shipping). It seems to also be from ASUS through AAEON (makes embedded industrial products for ASUS).

Comment

Mali T764
      Here comes the nail in this card's coffin for me. But eh? To each his own...

Comment

Any testing on the OpenCL part ? It would be great to evaluate the OpenCL on the CPU and on the GPU. Asus pretend both the SD-card interface and RAM are twice faster than the RPI-3.

Comment

Michael, could you do some ARM to x86-64 comparisons? I'm very interested how much is ARM behind x86-64 regarding performance, and which one is better in performance per watt, or price.

Comment

meh, still a v7 chip.

Comment

For such an old peace of junk 60$ is a rip off. It whose a popular SoC for set top boxes 3+ years ago before Intel fucked Rockchip. Now days it's a peace of junk four generations behind current CPU design and three regarding MALI GPU design. Who even remotely serious would develop anything more for an old ARM V7?

Comment

Well the tinkerboard has an A17 which is out of order, much more powerful than the A53 featuring in the RPI or the Pine64. And you cannot add more memory on those boards. So 64-bits does not matter much. The Pentium-3 remained competitive for a while against Pentium-4 for a while.

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  quad-core design of the TInker Board.

Comment

What about the Xu4 ? Comparing A15 with A17 would be neat ...

Comment

Working...
                    X