Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• macOS 10.13 High Sierra vs. Ubuntu Linux Performance

Phoronix: macOS 10.13 High Sierra vs. Ubuntu Linux Performance

Apple this week released macOS 10.13 "High Sierra" as the latest version of its operating system. Of course, curiosity got the best of me so here are benchmarks of macOS 10.12.6, macOS 10.13, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, and Ubuntu 17.10 from a MacBook Air to see how the performance compares.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What a kick ... Ubuntu has given to MacOS! hahaha

Comment

what a kick ... Ubuntu has given to MacOS! hahaha

Comment

Interresting, thanks Michael!

Comment

So for everything that isn't IO bottlenecked and hits the CPU hard, Ubuntu is the clear winner across the board. For everything that is IO bottlenecked or java bottlenecked it's mix up.

Comment

Some of those Ubuntu 16.04 results are pretty weird. It almost looks like the pstate governor was not ramping up the clock correctly, otherwise I can’t see why would there be such a difference between 16.04 and 17.10

Comment

Goodness. I knew it was a complete ripoff, but that's pretty startling. And that's on a kernel that's already been surpassed.

Comment

The sqlite numbers on APFS make me really curious about whether they are skipping fsync().

Comment

So, the newest macOS is just pathetic crap. SQLite result proves it doesn't even sync data to the disk.

Comment

Seriously? An old Macbook Air?

Comment

Working...
                    X