Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's One Week Left To Apply For Outreachy Round 15

Phoronix: There's One Week Left To Apply For Outreachy Round 15

There's one week left for women and other under-represented groups in the open-source world to apply for Outreachy Round 15 for a winter internship to work on various projects...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Outreachy is a sexist and racist program that excludes certain people based on their physical attributes.

It is not inclusive. It is not open for everyone.

Comment

The sponsors of this bigoted program should be ashamed.

Comment

Seem to have a couple easily offended snowflakes in this thread, huh

Comment

Why get offended to begin with? Were you even going to apply? If so, there are a lot better opportunities open for white males.
          Don't get butthurt if someone else gets a chance once a while.

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post
            Seem to have a couple easily offended snowflakes in this thread, huh
            They aren't offended, they are just stating facts.

Comment

By rejecting white males this organization is being racist in two ways, first because of the act itself and second because of their reason to do it. They believe that if they don't reject white males the other ones will never have a chance. In other words they think that white males are superior and can get ahead much more easier. This thinking is also racist. The only way for them to not be racist is by allowing everyone truly interested in open source. I don't care if the code running in my computer was written by a black, a woman or a white male. I only care that it won't crash :P

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                Outreachy is a sexist and racist program that excludes certain people based on their physical attributes.

It is not inclusive. It is not open for everyone.
                You know, you could state your point whilst being a bit more polite. You haven't made a solid point and the only thing you did was throw some swear words around.

Comment

Originally posted by danieru View Post
                  By rejecting white males this organization is being racist in two ways, first because of the act itself and second because of their reason to do it. They believe that if they don't reject white males the other ones will never have a chance. In other words they think that white males are superior and can get ahead much more easier. This thinking is also racist. The only way for them to not be racist is by allowing everyone truly interested in open source. I don't care if the code running in my computer was written by a black, a woman or a white male. I only care that it won't crash :P
                  This is not a question of superiority, but a question of representation. Ergo, your entire point is off.

Comment

Originally posted by eggbert View Post
                    The sponsors of this bigoted program should be ashamed.
                    Are they going to be ashamed because you virtually shout at them from the Phoronix forum?

Comment

Working...
                    X