Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Mutter 3.27.1 Brings Hybrid GPU Support

Phoronix: GNOME Mutter 3.27.1 Brings Hybrid GPU Support

Mutter 3.27.1 has just been released as the first development release for the GNOME 3.28 cycle of this compositor / window manager...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great news. But i think it would be helpfull to point out that this is hybrid GPU support for Wayland, as hybrid for X is already there.

Comment

I wonder if this applies to my old laptop with AMD iGPU and AMD dGPU? I think only the iGPU was connected to the internal display and external connectors.

Comment

Originally posted by ramnasko View Post
        Great news. But i think it would be helpfull to point out that this is hybrid GPU support for Wayland, as hybrid for X is already there.
        But it doesn't work on X, does it? You can't re-arrange desktops, because libmutter.so immediately segfaults and there is no way to specify screen arrangement on before hand (no monitors.xml). I had to move my laptop monitor to the other side of the table in order to get the other 2 monitors work...

Comment

*waits for people to thank Canonical for this*

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
            *waits for people to thank Canonical for this*
            Actually it seems the devs from Canonical are doing a great job at bringing Gnome Shell up to speed. Which is why it's a bid sad it took them so long, but a great thing for the future!

Comment

Originally posted by bontius View Post

But it doesn't work on X, does it? You can't re-arrange desktops, because libmutter.so immediately segfaults and there is no way to specify screen arrangement on before hand (no monitors.xml). I had to move my laptop monitor to the other side of the table in order to get the other 2 monitors work...
              I thought that it's about hybird is working with wayland at all. Because i can use my optimus laptop with external monitor and internal on X but not on wayland. I have a T430 where the external vga is connected to both cards but all external digital (minDP and both DP on docking station) are only connected to the nvidia card. And the referring bug https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=784199 says wayland. But i might be wrong.

Comment

Personally I would love to see mutter developers spent more time on polishing their releases. mutter 3.26 was quite problematic and brought several issues to my workstation.

Comment

Originally posted by armetuz View Post
                  Personally I would love to see mutter developers spent more time on polishing their releases. mutter 3.26 was quite problematic and brought several issues to my workstation.
                  Yeah same here. I haven't had any issues since today's update though (Arch).

Comment

Working...
                  X