Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon RX Vega 64: AMDGPU-PRO vs. DRM-Next + Mesa 17.3-dev

Phoronix: Radeon RX Vega 64: AMDGPU-PRO vs. DRM-Next + Mesa 17.3-dev

For those wondering how the RadeonSI and RADV open-source driver performance is fairing for the Radeon RX Vega 64 compared to the AMDGPU-PRO hybrid driver, here are some fresh benchmarks.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice to see RADV performing so well in Mad Max. If only it could perform as well in other games...

Comment

Do new open source driver support opencl in Darktable? I have the problem in current Arch 4.13.8-1-ARCH, where some required (by Darktable) features of opencl are not supported in open source and I need to use opencl-amd.

Comment

That's amazing! Too bad we cannot buy any Vega with those prices.
        Last edited by godlike_panos; 24 October 2017, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow
          I wish Mesa had floating point framebuffer and compatibility profile support. Then AMDGPU-PRO can be dropped and even workstation users will be happy on Mesa.
          I wish they keep it as it is, add compatibility profile will probably end up having more LoC than the entire current RadeonSI driver as it is today.

That is one of the reasons no one is insane enough to even try it and those that actually put some though on doing it freaked out and decided to go the Apple way to avoid it.

What should be done is remove consumers PCIID from AMDGPU-PRO once is sane enough to do it and leave that driver certified exclusively for FirePro class GPUs as business like it.

Comment

Has anyone tried SpecViewPerf on the Vega? I am considering getting one for use with VariCAD and Paraview.

Comment

Originally posted by toguro123 View Post
              Has anyone tried SpecViewPerf on the Vega? I am considering getting one for use with VariCAD and Paraview.
              Hmm, doesn't SpecViewPerf use compatibility profile? Maybe it just does so if it can.

Comment

What happened to custom Vega cards? I'm waiting for something like Sapphire Nitro+ Vega, since it's supposed to be more silent than reference design. It takes them forever to release it.

Comment

Seems like there is some work going on in regards to compat profiles:

Comment

It is really impressive to see the progress with the open driver. It is especially impressive that the independently developed RADV Vulkan driver is shaping up so nicely! Thank you for that!

However do anyone know what Vulkan feature Talos is using that RADV does not implement (or implement less optimally)?

Comment

Working...
                    X