Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Etnaviv Gallium3D Reaches OpenGL 2.1

Phoronix: Etnaviv Gallium3D Reaches OpenGL 2.1

It was just days ago that the Etnaviv Gallium3D driver made it to OpenGL 2.0 while now it's reached the OpenGL 2.1 threshold...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Get that thing added to docs/features.txt

Comment

wumpus put up a video of the GC7000 running Darkplaces yesterday. He only had a glitchy spinning cube a week ago. These guys work fast!

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
        Get that thing added to docs/features.txt
        Can you open a bug for it in Mesa please?

Comment

I don't think devs will want to track OpenGL drivers below version 3.0.
          But as soon as etnaviv reaches 3.0, it could be added. But I wonder, are the etnaviv GPU capable of handling OpenGL 3.0 and higher?
          I don't know them very well, but it seems like small GPUs.

Comment

Originally posted by Creak View Post
            But as soon as etnaviv reaches 3.0, it could be added. But I wonder, are the etnaviv GPU capable of handling OpenGL 3.0 and higher?
            i.MX 8M (with GC7000Lite GPU) is capable of handling Vulkan: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I.MX#i.MX_8M

So it surely should support quite a bit of OpenGL features even above 4.0. But it might be missing some as well, which can prevent it from being fully complaint.

See also: http://www.vivantecorp.com/index.php...to-mobile.html
            Last edited by shmerl; 30 October 2017, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Creak View Post
              Vivante GPUs are mobile graphic units able to handle OpenGL 3.0, OpenGL ES 3.1 and OpenCL 1.2.

Comment

Originally posted by brk0_0 View Post
                Vivante GPUs are mobile graphic units able to handle OpenGL 3.0, OpenGL ES 3.1 and OpenCL 1.2.
                Do you know what's missing in them for full OpenGL 4.x support?

Comment

Probably some 64-bit stuff (just guessing here)

Comment

Apparently, there's a lot going on with etnaviv recently. They also just started with GC7000 in mesa.

Comment

Working...
                    X