Canonical's Mir Patches Are Breaking RADV With Stock Mesa On Ubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canonical's Mir Patches Are Breaking RADV With Stock Mesa On Ubuntu

Phoronix: Canonical's Mir Patches Are Breaking RADV With Stock Mesa On Ubuntu

If you have been trying to use the RADV Radeon Vulkan driver that's packaged for Ubuntu but find it not working, chances are it's caused by Canonical's patches for Mir support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good to know. I've been affected by this but didn't know why.

Comment

Meanwhile here F1 2017 is crashing once you got to the interface of the game, unless you are using Wayland, on a RX 570 and Kubuntu.

Comment

Can we please just get rid of this Mir already?
        The sooner the better. Please, get rid of it!

Comment

Why Ubuntu doesn't rebase itself over Fedora?
          It would be such a better product

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
            Why Ubuntu doesn't rebase itself over Fedora?
            It would be such a better product
            So use Fedora instead of Ubuntu...

Comment

Did anyone file a bug report about this?

Comment

I thought Unity 8 was discontinued. If so, then what purpose does Mir serve?

Comment

Originally posted by ssam View Post
                  Did anyone file a bug report about this?
                  Yes https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...a/+bug/1720890 also mentioned the bug report here https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...7-2-2-released

My manual attempt was clumsy, however I was ready for the 17.2.2 update to 17.10 . I had everything prepared for Apport which auto generated/submitted a report that probably helped much more.
                  Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
                  Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

I confirmed that the updated mesa 17.2.4 mentioned in the bug report here https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat...ubuntu/updates works despite an elf class error in the :i386 packages. If anyone else cares to test it on their hardware.
                    No errors with vulkan-smoketest or The Talos Principle in both moddable version and moddable(x64) version.

The new mesa 17.2.4 also removed Instance Extensions: VK_KHR_mir_surface : extension revision 4 (new count 9)according to vulkaninfo .Which turns out to be great for radv as it got rid of that pregnant pause every time the bot grabbed a puzzle piece during the Talos benchmark. Just as smooth as padoka's ppa now.

Serious Sam fusion still a different story.
                    Last edited by DarkFoss; 09 November 2017, 02:34 PM.
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
                    Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Working...
                    X