No announcement yet.

Qualcomm Centriq 2400 Series ARM Server CPUs Officially Launch - Up To 48 Cores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualcomm Centriq 2400 Series ARM Server CPUs Officially Launch - Up To 48 Cores

Phoronix: Qualcomm Centriq 2400 Series ARM Server CPUs Officially Launch - Up To 48 Cores

Qualcomm began sampling their 10nm 48-core ARM server CPU last year while today it officially launched...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Do these have any potential for mining?

Comment

Great home server but pricey

Comment

Kind of reminds me of Itanic with those prices, ha. Would be interesting to compare to an A11 and see single core performance.

Comment

Originally posted by audi100quattro View Post
          Kind of reminds me of Itanic with those prices, ha. Would be interesting to compare to an A11 and see single core performance.
          Well, for 2k $ you get a midrange server xeon CPU, I've seen puppies that sell for 5k or so.

I somewhat doubt it has noteworthy single-core performance. I mean that's 40 cores in a 120w SoC.

Comment

Some benchmarks encoding x264 and x265 would be nice compared to intel and amd.

Comment

Do I need a custom kernel and a weird error prone boot method for that with FAT16 partition because it's so fun?

Comment

Seems like a pretty decent wattage and price for that many cores. Though I expected the peak wattage to be a little better, I'm sure this will have very nice idle wattage vs PPC and x86 competitors, because ARM CPUs tend to be good about legitimately shutting off power to unused transistors, whereas many other architectures are known to be leaky.

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
                Do I need a custom kernel and a weird error prone boot method for that with FAT16 partition because it's so fun?
                Most ARM devices (especially ARMv8) don't need/use FAT16 partitions, though most of them still have a sketchy and easy-to-break boot method.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
                  boot method is defined by board firmware, not by cpu
                  you need kernel with drivers for all needed devices

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                    boot method is defined by board firmware, not by cpu
                    you need kernel with drivers for all needed devices
                    I should have mentioned: Only serious answers appreciated. Thanks for nothing.

Comment

Working...
                    X