Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 27 Is Cleared For Release Next Week

Phoronix: Fedora 27 Is Cleared For Release Next Week

Following a few days, Fedora 27 is cleared to ship next week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Following a few days, Fedora 27 is cleared to ship next week.
    that should be delays should it not?

Comment

I'm probably one of the few, but I prefer delays and a good product than shipped on time but needs half packages to be updated two days later. Not Debian type delays, but this is completely acceptable to me. I don't like having a fresh Ubuntu release, that installs at say 2 GB, and needs 600-800 mb updates each day for the next week. If you're into that, you can always get the dailies, but releases should be somewhat polished. IMO.

Comment

Michael, phoronix, did you ever get the AMD Opteron A1100 ARM LeMaker Cello board working? I've been looking often for some of your sweet sweet benchmarks on it, but haven't seen anything. Thank you.

Comment

It's not like every release is some major change, so even if it gets delayed for a month or more nobody on earth would probably care. I updated both laptops to 26 just a few weeks ago or so it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by cen1 View Post
            It's not like every release is some major change, so even if it gets delayed for a month or more nobody on earth would probably care. I updated both laptops to 26 just a few weeks ago or so it seems.
            I'm still on 25 myself. As you said, the changes from one release to the next are not major, plus I prefer to stay on the stable end of the curve. I upgrade from one release to the next just before they stop supporting the old one.

Comment

Working...
            X