Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora 27 Debuts With GNOME 3.26 Powered Workstation Spin, Modular Server Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 27 Debuts With GNOME 3.26 Powered Workstation Spin, Modular Server Coming

Phoronix: Fedora 27 Debuts With GNOME 3.26 Powered Workstation Spin, Modular Server Coming

It's arriving only two weeks late but today marks the official debut of Fedora 27 as the latest major update for this Red Hat sponsored Linux distribution...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why use some lame pre-beta screenshot?, the background was changed ages ago.

Comment

Please let us know when and what AMD device you have found.

Comment

Garbage, pure trash. I did a full install of this release on my main pc using a spare SSD that I have laying around, my experiment lasted for all of an hour before I decided to yang that SSD out and go back to Ubuntu were I belong.

It's a shame really, to see all the distros that used to be good, solid, reliable, polished, quality offerings go down the toilet: Fedora, Manjaro, Mint, OpenSuse; or maybe Ubuntu has just spoiled me so much that I can't use anything else, though Solus does look promising if they can ever get it as polished as Ubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by Spooktra View Post
          Garbage, pure trash. I did a full install of this release on my main pc using a spare SSD that I have laying around, my experiment lasted for all of an hour before I decided to yang that SSD out and go back to Ubuntu were I belong.

It's a shame really, to see all the distros that used to be good, solid, reliable, polished, quality offerings go down the toilet: Fedora, Manjaro, Mint, OpenSuse; or maybe Ubuntu has just spoiled me so much that I can't use anything else, though Solus does look promising if they can ever get it as polished as Ubuntu.
          What were the issues that you experienced?

Comment

"Garbage, pure trash"

Interesting, are you commenting about Fedora, or your comment itself?

Comment

Originally posted by trivialfis
              I like Fedora, except for the Flatpak part.
              i dont mind FlatPak.have you actually used it? my guess is no.

Comment

Good thing you yang'ed that spare SSD. Yes, Ubuntu is definitely were you belong.

Comment

btw f26 also is using the Linux 4.13 kernel and Mesa 17.2 by default along with GCC 7.2 as the default system compiler.
                  I decided to yang that SSD out and go back to Ubuntu were I belong.
                  lol, ubuntu slave in the thread

Comment

I've been testing F27 for about a week now and so far its been great. The only thing that would make it better is kernel 4.15. :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X