Blender 2.79 Performance On Various Intel/AMD CPUs From Ryzen To EPYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender 2.79 Performance On Various Intel/AMD CPUs From Ryzen To EPYC

Phoronix: Blender 2.79 Performance On Various Intel/AMD CPUs From Ryzen To EPYC

Given the release of a new Blender "Barbershop" benchmark file, I decided to test this new scene plus the other benchmark files with Blender 2.79 on a variety of Intel/AMD CPUs for some fresh results of how various newer CPUs compare for this open-source 3D modeling software.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It'd be great, Michael, if you posted links to scene files, so that Phoronix users could compare their CPUs performance to your results.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
      It'd be great, Michael, if you posted links to scene files, so that Phoronix users could compare their CPUs performance to your results.
      They can using the Phoronix Test Suite with the command provided in article
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Performance per Dollar/Euro would be nice.

Comment

I would venture a wild guess that the AMD Ryzen 1700 would be the best value on a performance per Dollar/Euro basis.

Comment

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

with my 1700X @3.9ghz

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbotron View Post
              I would venture a wild guess that the AMD Ryzen 1700 would be the best value on a performance per Dollar/Euro basis.
              ^ The correct answer for just about every benchmark out there. The Ryzen 1700 is a fantastic value.

Comment

Originally posted by xpander View Post
                For your results to be representative, you might need to switch to the ondemand scheduler (you're using the performance scheduler)?

Comment

Originally posted by ermo View Post

For your results to be representative, you might need to switch to the ondemand scheduler (you're using the performance scheduler)?
                  i dont use ondemand, I use schedutil when im ilding, when i go gaming or do cpu intensive tasks i switch to performance mode. its about 2% difference from my past testing

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                    Core i8 7960X

Comment

Working...
                    X