Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.10 Released Along With Qt Creator 4.5

Phoronix: Qt 5.10 Released Along With Qt Creator 4.5

Qt 5.10 is now officially out as the half-year update to the Qt5 tool-kit...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Qt 3D and stuff... whatever. I wish they'd have the basics back. Like a decent printing functionality. With the full CUPS options. Okay, it _might_ be my personal Gentoo setup(s), but in none of my Okulars I can really setup the printer (the few options that are, aren't honored). It worked before on KDE4/Qt4. Now nothing works in that regard and I use evince for printing PDFs.
    Oh, well.
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
      Qt 3D and stuff... whatever. I wish they'd have the basics back. Like a decent printing functionality. With the full CUPS options. Okay, it _might_ be my personal Gentoo setup(s), but in none of my Okulars I can really setup the printer (the few options that are, aren't honored). It worked before on KDE4/Qt4. Now nothing works in that regard and I use evince for printing PDFs.
      Oh, well.
      Report that as bugs against Okular. All the options there I have used works for me. Some options disappeared after KDE4, because KDEPrint was not ported to Qt5, but that was all extra KDE functionality on top of the basic stuff provided by Qt.

Comment

Michael QT Creator 4.5 and not 5.5

Comment

How il the wayland front going on?

Comment

I use KDE Neon at work and printer stuff just worked all the time. I think most distros are probably going to stick with 5.9.x for LTS support unless the new release. Off now to download the latest Qt Creator!

Comment

Qt 5.10 also brings many interesting features for mobile app and game development, see here for the highlights: https://v-play.net/updates/v-play-2-...0-improvements

Comment

Working...
              X