Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Can Now Easily Send/Receive SMS Messages From The KDE Desktop

Phoronix: You Can Now Easily Send/Receive SMS Messages From The KDE Desktop

A long-standing KDE initiative that hasn't received as much attention as it deserves is KDE Connect for allowing KDE to interface with other devices -- namely smartphones -- for being able to display phone notifications on your desktop and more. A new KDE Plasmoid makes it easy now to send/receive SMS text messages...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

allows easily sending/receiving from your desktop when paired with a supported device.
    ----
    what's the catch? not possible to use with any pc?

Comment

SMS is almost dead...

Comment

It would be much more useful if I could select a contact from a list, not just type the number.

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post
          SMS is almost dead...
          Try telling that to the people that are currently sending over 15 million texts every minute.

Comment

SMS is almost dead...
            Dead to who?

Comment

SMS is almost dead...
              In several third world countries is the only technology that works, it is far from dead

Comment

In some developed countries the SMS popularity is already decreasing.

Comment

While this is really great app (combination of android app and linux desktop app) it would need some updates. Eg. in this case, you need to know the phone number to send sms - phone book is not visible on linux desktop client.

Also it's great to control pc from phone - mouse and keyboard. I do miss media keys like volume up and down. (there is media app but i don't know how it works, i usually need to change volume while playing youtube)

Comment

SMS is almost dead...
                    In the US it's anything but dead.

Comment

Working...
                    X