Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Should Now Work For Some Knockoff PlayStation 3 Controllers

Phoronix: Linux Should Now Work For Some Knockoff PlayStation 3 Controllers

While the Linux kernel has supported the official Sony PlayStation 3 controller as an input device, some of the off-brand/knockoff models haven't quite behaved correctly on Linux but that's now being rectified...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wouldn't say the official controllers have been behaving entirely correctly either.

Comment

My original PS3 controller just work wired, on bluetooth mode it keeps in connect/disconnect loop.

I have installed the bluez-plugins and stuff on arch wiki

Comment

Nice, I have two of these. They both show up as SHANWAN, and rumble when plugged in.

Comment

I wasn't aware these controllers weren't working properly in the first place. I've considered getting one of these cheap knockoffs for "player 2" but for me the main issue is where the quality may lack. I've had cheap controllers where the analog sticks were basically useless.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            I wasn't aware these controllers weren't working properly in the first place. I've considered getting one of these cheap knockoffs for "player 2" but for me the main issue is where the quality may lack. I've had cheap controllers where the analog sticks were basically useless.
            I bought my two used from a thrift store, and they work flawlessly on the ps3. I haven't tried them with any games on Linux due to the constant rumble, but the analog sticks are both still working acording to jstest. Both sticks go back to the 0 position every time when released.

Comment

gosh, why I've bought xbox's pad? Hope somedays it will meet some love too.

Comment

Cool, I've got one knock off and it never did work with Bluetooth but it's been ages since I tried. I prefer to use xboxdrv though and that doesn't play so well with Bluetooth controllers.

Comment

Just pairing isn't enough you have to make sure to enable the device as trusted or you'll see the connect/disconnect cycle. On 17.4/17.10 I had to install an extra package the default didn't allow you to trust devices. I'm on windows now once this FAH wu finishes I'll see which. Of the 2 packaged choices they looked to be identical but 1 pulled in cinnamon desktop stuff if your using stock gnome you'll want to avoid that package.
                  Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
                  Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Working...
                  X