Flashrom 1.0 Officially Released For Programming BIOS/EFI/ROM Flash Chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashrom 1.0 Officially Released For Programming BIOS/EFI/ROM Flash Chips

Phoronix: Flashrom 1.0 Officially Released For Programming BIOS/EFI/ROM Flash Chips

The Flashrom utility that's associated with the Coreboot project for reading/writing/erasing/verifying flash chips commonly for motherboard BIOS/UEFI/firmware chips has reached its long-awaited v1.0 milestone...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ahh, the fond memories i have with this program, i managed to brick an old amd64 motherboard by flashing a wrong bios.

Comment

My memories are mainly just limited to reading, and often to be stopped by an unsupported SIO or flash chip. I once actually wrote a newer BIOS I had ripped from a newer revision of a mainboard to an older, and it worked (so far I tested). But it was only some dirt cheap mainboards (with socketed chips) from thin clients I got as a six pack for a single Euro on ebay. So I didn't yet dare to flash mainboards on my productive machines with it - yet.
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
      X