Problems with R600 cards and Fedora 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with R600 cards and Fedora 18

I am getting some rather infuriating problems after upgrading a machine to Fedora 18. While the Radeon HD 2400 card that was in the machine worked fine with Fedora 17, I am now experincing instability and 3D crashes when running games such as Quake 3. The hardware itself is still fine as it worked before and I booted up a session of SuperGamer Supreme 2.5 and everything was working fine with the Catalyst drivers. I manaaged to grab the following output after one of the graphical crashes on the Radeon HD 2400:

I also tried using the on-board AMD 760G (ATI Radeon 3000) chipset on the motherboard and it experinced simliar problems, although it was able to recover from them after a short lockup and keep playing until the next lockup, and then recover again, etc. Still annoying, but not nearly as bad.

I also tried taking the Radeon HD 4670 from my machine and placing it in his board which did fix the crashes, meaning that it looks like it may be geneartion specific (I had some problems with a version of Deus Ex not texturing properly in WINE on all three cards, but I am not sure if that is a driver issue or an issue with WINE). I had also played Postal 2 from a live-session on the Radeon HD 4670 when it was in my machine and that worked without a hitch,

Here is the driver information for the Radeon HD 2400:

More information from WINE when running Deus Ex:
    [malcolm@NeoRon ~]$ cd /home/malcolm/.wine/drive_c/Games/DeusEx/
    [malcolm@NeoRon DeusEx]$ ./DeusExLaunch
    fixmerocess:GetProcessWorkingSetSize (0xffffffff,0x32f344,0x32f33c): stub
    libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
    libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
    libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
    libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
    err:winediag:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Direct rendering is disabled, most likely your OpenGL drivers haven't been installed correctly (using GL renderer "Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV630", version "1.4 (2.1 Mesa 9.0.1)").
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32c6d4,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32c9b0,0x00000000), stub!
    errle:CoGetClassObject class {92fa2c24-253c-11d2-90fb-006008a1f441} not registered
    errle:CoGetClassObject no class object {92fa2c24-253c-11d2-90fb-006008a1f441} could be created for context 0x1
    errle:CoGetClassObject class {d8f1eee0-f634-11cf-8700-00a0245d918b} not registered
    errle:CoGetClassObject no class object {d8f1eee0-f634-11cf-8700-00a0245d918b} could be created for context 0x1
    fixme:winediag:AUDDRV_GetAudioEndpoint Winepulse is not officially supported by the wine project
    fixme:winediag:AUDDRV_GetAudioEndpoint For sound related feedback and support, please visit http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1960599
    fixme:ddraw:ddraw7_FlipToGDISurface iface 0x167b98 stub!
    [malcolm@NeoRon DeusEx]$
    Looking at the error message I found out it was indeed a WINE problem that can happen on 64-bit installs:
    Last edited by Hamish Wilson; 08 February 2013, 08:12 PM.

Comment

So I am experiencing variable amounts of stability. Now that I have gotten WINE fixed by having the proper 32-bit mesa packages Deus Ex works beautifully without a hitch, and I tried the same thing with Doom 3 and it worked fine. Quake 3 still continues to crash fairly quickly upon starting a game. Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can get the information I am gathering here to the right people?

Comment

File a bug on fdo.

Maybe try to disable hyperz, I'm not sure if Fedora 18 is new enough to have it enabled by default, but could be.

Comment

Working...
        X