X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (26.10.) AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta 6

(26.10.) AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta 6

Download: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/amd...x86.x86_64.zip

No Release Notes yet, but it supports the Radeon R9 290/290X.

This driver includes dramatic OpenGL performance and input latency improvements (only tried Source Engine-based games so far). If you try it, make sure to set "gl_finish 0" again if you changed that before due to input lag issues.

Also it is 40 MB or so bigger, but I am not sure yet what exactly the reason is for that.

Comment

So, did anyone get a chance to test this yet? How is the supposedly improved OpenGL performance?

I have a 7750 and with the previous beta driver, any level of AA or HDR makes TF2 drop to <10fps. I can, of course, max out all settings on Windows.

Comment

backlight control doesn't work on HP 6465B with catalyst 13.10 & 13.11 all previous work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dcc24 View Post
          So, did anyone get a chance to test this yet? How is the supposedly improved OpenGL performance?

I have a 7750 and with the previous beta driver, any level of AA or HDR makes TF2 drop to <10fps. I can, of course, max out all settings on Windows.
          Michael has some tests upcoming I think, but not sure if PTS will catch this. I used to have horrible input lag which is now mostly gone in the games I've tried and the weird framedrops (from 150 FPS to 20 FPS and back every few msecs) with TF2, especially with AA are also gone. Why not give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
            This driver includes dramatic OpenGL performance and input latency improvements.
            Confirm this. This driver version resolved performance issues and input lag in TF2 for my Radeon HD 6930. Also i got nice FPS increase in Serious Sam 3.
            I'll surely get an ASUS Radeon R9 290 when it will come to stores.

Comment

Does anybody know what the plan of AMD is with the Catalyst driver? I see MESA gallium develops nicely and very soon overtake/overtook the official driver in video decoding. However I still believe that AMD allocated more resources for the official driver development and I think as Steam is coming it will be the proper driver in the future and gallium will be a free one, but never will reach the same level in performance.

What test programs do you use for checking the quality of driver?
              Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by LN17 View Post
                Does anybody know what the plan of AMD is with the Catalyst driver? I see MESA gallium develops nicely and very soon overtake/overtook the official driver in video decoding. However I still believe that AMD allocated more resources for the official driver development and I think as Steam is coming it will be the proper driver in the future and gallium will be a free one, but never will reach the same level in performance.

What test programs do you use for checking the quality of driver?
                Thank you
                The OpenGL team at AMD is not Linux specific, they must do their work for the Windows Catalyst driver anyway, so Linux gets it mostly for free. Also the new GCN cards are not in a good shape yet with the opensource stack.

Open Source drivers will be usable for most things we have right now in a year or so I would guess, but with the SteamOS, expect really demanding games to come to Linux over the next year, and then you need the Catalyst.

Comment

I have not found the change log, how do you know that OPENGL was improved?

Comment

Originally posted by LN17 View Post
                    I have not found the change log, how do you know that OPENGL was improved?
                    FPS increase in Sam3 and no stuttering in TF2, isn't it enough?

P.S. Previous Catalyst beta has OpenGL driver build number: 4.3.12458, this one: 4.3.12614.
                    Last edited by leonmaxx; 26 October 2013, 11:47 AM. Reason: added driver build numbers

Comment

Working...
                    X