Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFmpeg Moves Closer To 1.0 Release

Phoronix: FFmpeg Moves Closer To 1.0 Release

The FFmpeg project has moved closer to its 1.0 release with the Sunday release of FFmpeg 0.9...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That laundry list of changes and yet still no mkv ordered chapters support.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: FFmpeg Moves Closer To 1.0 Release

The FFmpeg project has moved closer to its 1.0 release with the Sunday release of FFmpeg 0.9...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTAyNjY
      "The FFmpeg project encourages everyone to upgrade to version 0.9 unless they are followers of Git master."
      actually they say, and have for some time "unless they use current git master." as in , everyone that can,is recommended to use GIT over a point release.

i noticed you apparently finally went and got the 0.8.7 (and GIT x264) the other day to replace your antiquated version after one of my posts, and imported it to your test suite ,i hope you go and do the same really soon with this newer version, and every version hence , preferably GIT as they recommend so you don't end up having yourself and your test suite users running older slower code before you even start 2011 retrospect and 2012 tests.

and OC, change or add a real life 1080 or at least 720P sample encode ( using CRF 18 not two pass) test to your test suite product to reflect what people do today not some usless and ineffective vcd that no one today uses...
      Last edited by popper; 12 December 2011, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
        That laundry list of changes and yet still no mkv ordered chapters support.
        so go and write and submit the patch then, if you want it native to the app rather than an external app that manipulates the containers orders chapters and many other things etc,

personally id like to see UVD being usable inside avconv/ffmpeg , but that's never going to happen is it as AMD don't and wont write and send the required patches to avconv/fmpeg devs never mind work with them and their OSS code base to make AMD/ATI look and perform better in future tests.

Comment

Originally posted by popper View Post
          personally id like to see UVD being usable inside avconv/ffmpeg , but that's never going to happen is it as AMD don't and wont write and send the required patches to avconv/fmpeg devs never mind work with them and their OSS code base to make AMD/ATI look and perform better in future tests.
          Until we can release UVD programming info, what patches to avconf/ffmpeg do you think we should be writing and sending ?
          Test signature

Comment

so go and write and submit the patch then
            I think it was submitted three decades ago, but they didn't want any part of it.

meh. Maybe it's just being handled at the player level at this point.

Comment

i noticed you apparently finally went and got the 0.8.7 (and GIT x264) the other day to replace your antiquated version after one of my posts, and imported it to your test suite ,i hope you go and do the same really soon with this newer version, and every version hence , preferably GIT as they recommend so you don't end up having yourself and your test suite users running older slower code before you even start 2011 retrospect and 2012 tests.

and OC, change or add a real life 1080 or at least 720P sample encode ( using CRF 18 not two pass) test to your test suite product to reflect what people do today not some usless and ineffective vcd that no one today uses...
              so go and write and submit the patch then,
              Thanks!
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

"popper said:so go and write and submit the patch then,"

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Thanks!
                LOL., remember Michael, its YOUR "test suite" you wanted it to go/be used commercially, so that's your responsibility to write those patches, and OC accept anything the PHP web devs can be bothered to write, patch and test for you if its suitable....

fair enough if you cant be bothered to make a patch for your "test suite" to make the data it produces more relevant to today's mass 1080/720 users of your product that provide you with this valuable data you wish to profit from OC, and no problem.
                Last edited by popper; 12 December 2011, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Not following the "scene" actively, what's the latest state of ffmpeg and libav?

Comment

"popper said:so go and write and submit the patch then,"

LOL., remember Michael, its YOUR "test suite" you wanted it to go/be used commercially, so that's your responsibility to write those patches, and OC accept anything the PHP web devs can be bothered to write, patch and test for you if its suitable....

fair enough if you cant be bothered to make a patch for your "test suite" to make the data it produces more relevant to today's mass 1080/720 users of your product that provide you with this valuable data you wish to profit from OC, and no problem.
                    If any of my commercial customers (or large number of community users) requested such a change, of course I would do it. As far as I know you're not associated with any of my commercial customers, but you're the one wanting a change, so feel free to submit a patch or even become a commercial customer then.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X