R600 Gallium3D Lands Many OpenGL Fixes
AMD's R600 Gallium3D driver that supports the Radeon HD 2000 through HD 6000 series graphics cards received a number of bug-fixes on Thursday.
Marek Olšák of AMD has committed to mainline Mesa a number of R600g fixes. These fixes to the commonly used open-source AMD Linux graphics driver include:
- Fixing buffer copying on R600 to R700 hardware, which fixes broken rendering in Valve's Dota 2 game.
- Fixing edge flags and layered rendering, also just for R600~R700 hardware (HD 2000 through HD 4000 series).
- Disabling async DMA support on R700 (HD 4000 series) hardware due to corruption and hangs.
- Fixing MSAA resolves for R600 hardware in certain situations.
- Fixed flushing for RV670, RS780, and RS880 integrated chipsets.
- HTILE R600 fixes.
- An RV770 MSAA hang fix.
Marek also committed a few other Radeon fixes too. Many of these fixes applied to Mesa Git for the 10.2 release are also candidates for back-porting to future stable point releases of Mesa 10.0 and 10.1.
Latest Linux News
Latest Articles & Reviews
Most Viewed News This Week